Bookings for May and June 2022 will open from 9am on Monday 13th December.
Currently the Benevolent Fund apartment booking site is undergoing a system update to include the new policy.
Bookings will not be open for May 2022 Holidays on Wednesday 1st of December, please do not try to book on this day.
The Benevolent Fund owns a number of holiday accommodation. They are available on a weekly basis throughout the year, to widows / pensioners and retired ex members.
All apartments comprise of ground, 1st and 2nd floor accommodation. A lift is fitted to block 1 in the Antrim apartments. Disabled apartments are available on the ground floor and the remaining accommodation is a mix of two and three bedroom apartments for 4, 5, or 6 people. All apartments are fully fitted and furnished. Smoking is not permitted in any of the apartments, balconies or public areas within the buildings.
All persons should fall into one of the following categories.
- Widows. Widows of members who died in service for whatever reason from 1969 to date. Widows of ex members who died within one year and one day of medical retirement from 1969 to date.
- Widows with dependant children. As above whose children are aged 19 years and under and are still in education.
- All others. The balance of all other persons advised by the Fund of their entitlement to apply for apartment places namely pensioner’s, pensioner’s widows, parents of deceased single officers, members who were medically retired (Injury on Duty) and whose pensions are extinguished by State Benefits and members of the Full Time RUC ‘R’ and Part Time RUC ‘R’ who have retired on age limit or been medically retired. In the event of their death, their widow will be eligible.
- An eligible person may make a maximum of 2 bookings in any calendar year;
- All eligible persons will only be allowed one high season holiday in a calendar year;
- Category 2 and 3 will not be allowed a high season holiday in consecutive years. High season is June – August;
- Category 1 may make an advanced booking for one holiday per year, all other categories may only make an advance booking if they have not availed of a holiday the previous year;
- An advance booking is now 6 months in advance (this was previously 5 months in advance);
- A standard booking can now be made up to 4 weeks in advance (this was previously 2 weeks in advance)